TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Conference is organized and managed by India PostgreSQL User Group (IPUG)
- By booking a pass at PGConf India, you accept these terms and conditions. You should read them carefully before making a booking. We recommend you save a copy of them for your future reference.
- You acknowledge and accept that we have the right to publicly announce our business relationship with you, which shall include but not be limited to announcements on social media. Such announcements shall not be disparaging or otherwise adverse to your business.
- IPUG reserves the right to change, amend, add or remove any of the above Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion and without prior notice. If one or more of the conditions outlined in these Terms & Conditions should become invalid, the remaining conditions will continue to be valid and apply. These Terms & Conditions apply to all event participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors).
CANCELLATION AND SUBSTITUTION POLICY
- If you are unable to attend the conference we welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no extra cost provided that we have at least 2 weeks prior notice of the name of your proposed substitute and have received payment in full.
- Cancellations made in less than 30 days prior to the conference will not be eligible for any refund. A 20% penalty will be deducted for cancellations made prior to 30 days. We encourage attendees to transfer their tickets rather than resorting to cancellations. Ticket transfers can be carried out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that ticket transfers will entail a 10% transfer charge.
- The bank charges incurred while refunding the registration fee should be totally borne by the participants.
- The discounted registration fees are non refundable.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You acknowledge that the venue, timings, speakers and schedule of PGConf India are subject to reasonable changes.
- Conference material and merchandise (including T-shirts), if any, will be provided on a best effort basis by the conference organizers as per sizes, or quantities available at that point in time.
- IPUG may at any time, with giving notice along with appropriate reason can change, cancel or postpone the Conference, change its venue or any of the other published particulars, or withdraw any invitation to attend. We will notify you of any postponements, or changes as soon as practically possible by keeping our website updated with the latest information.
- IPUG is committed to creating an environment where everyone can participate without harassment, discrimination, or violence of any kind. All meeting participants must be treated with respect and consideration. Registration for the conference is considered an agreement to abide by this code of conduct.
- Harassment of any participant (attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff member, service provider, organizer, or meeting guest) will not be tolerated. Unacceptable behavior includes (but is not limited to) unwanted verbal attention, unwanted touching, intimidation, stalking, shaming, or bullying.
- Discrimination on the basis of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, race, religion, national origin, or ethnicity will not be tolerated. Harassment presented in a joking manner is still harassment and constitutes unacceptable behavior. Retaliation for reporting harassment is also unacceptable, as is reporting an incident in bad faith.
- The views expressed by any event attendee, speaker, exhibitor, or sponsors are not necessarily those of IPUG. All attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors are solely responsible for the content of all individual or corporation presentations, marketing collateral, and/or advertising.
- All literature, books, content etc. provided to you in relation to the Conference (“Conference Materials”) are provided to you on an “as is” basis and we give no warranties, representations or guarantees in relation to the same.
- You acknowledge and agree that, unless otherwise expressly stated, we own all intellectual property and other rights in all Conference Materials. You shall not, and shall procure that the delegates shall not, disclose, distribute or use the Conference Materials except in relation to participation at the Conference.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
CONSENT TO USE PHOTOGRAPHIC, VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDINGS
IPUG official photographers will be taking photographs, recording video or making audio recordings during the Conference. The photographs, videos and audio recordings will be used for Conference related activities including in the promotional material, in both print and electronic format, including on the Internet via PGConf India website and Social media for Conference purpose only.
IPUG reserves the sole right to use any photographs, recordings, electronic images or publicity material received by or obtained by IPUG in the course of the event, for whatever use deemed proper by IPUG. IPUG has the exclusive right to include photographic, video and other visual portrayals of Attendees, Sponsors, Exhibitors and their Exhibits including its contents, in any pictorial medium of any nature whatsoever for the purpose of trade, advertising, sales, publicity and otherwise, without compensation to to the Attendee, Sponsor or Exhibitor, and all rights titled and interest bearing (including all worldwide copyrights therein) will be IPUG’s sole property, free of any claims of Attendee, Exhibitor or Sponsor or any persons deriving any rights or interest from the Attendee, Exhibitor or Sponsor.
If you agree to speak at PGConf India, we may share your contact and biographical information with event attendees. Sometimes we may also request a photograph. In other cases, we post on the respective event website information such as your name, employer, work email address, as well as a link to your company website and/or professional LinkedIn page available to the public. This is so that visitors to the event website, including event attendees and speakers, can contact you with questions and requests for more information, and to provide feedback if needed. Additionally, speakers may be asked to complete a release agreement or copyright form prior to their presentation.
Views expressed by speakers are their own. IPUG cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the conference or in any material provided to attendees.
Postponement, abandonment or speaker cancellation
- To the fullest extent permitted by law the Company shall not have any claim against the Organizer’s in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the failure for whatever reason to hold any part of the Event or of the venue at which the Event is scheduled to take place becoming wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Event.
- If by rearrangement or postponement of the period of the Event, or by substitution of another venue for the holding of the Event, or any other reasonable manner, the Event can take place, the contract between the Organizer’s and the Company shall remain in force.
- If the Organizers have to alter the content or timing of the Conference Programme or the identity of any speakers, for any reason whatsoever; the organizers are not liable to refund delegate fees or pay for additional costs incurred by delegates attending PGConf India
Termination of participation
We reserve the right to terminate/ refund/ reserve your participation at the Conference immediately, if, at any time after Your registration for the Conference and/or during your participation as a delegate/volunteer/ sponsor at the Conference, We observe that your behaviour:
- disrupts, hinders or causes nuisance or is likely to disrupt, hinder and cause a nuisance at the Conference or to the participants at the Conference; or
- represents a security or health and safety threat to the Conference or to any participant at the Conference; or
- violates these T&Cs.
- If the allocated number of passes for the specified category/industry/segment is no more available
In case of termination of your participation for the reasons mentioned above except “d”, We shall have no liability/obligation towards refunding the Fees paid by you for participation in the Conference.
Visa Requirements / Invitation Letter:
It is the participant’s sole responsibility to take care of visa requirements. If you require an entry visa, you must allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure. Your registration details might be shared with the immigration authorities to assist in the immigration process. However, IPUG will not contact embassies and consulates on your behalf. To receive an invitation letter for the Conference, please contact the organizing team