A DBA’s primary responsibility is to maintain the stability of production database systems. We are hearing autonomous databases that require no manual interventions and less DBA efforts with reduced cost. In this talk, i would like to talk about the routine manual maintenance activities on PostgreSQL that can be automated and the solutions that have helped us enable Self Healing for PostgreSQL with reduced DBA efforts. Self Healing is assumed to be pro-active. I will like to demonstrate the methods that will make make PostgreSQL Self Heal itself using Predictive Analysis.
Target Audience :
All the entry level DBA’s and Experts who would want to avoid manual intervention on the routine maintenance tasks on PostgreSQL and let PostgreSQL handle most of the tasks automatically.
This talk includes :
– Duties of a PostgreSQL production DBA.
– What needs to be automated and what should not be automated ?
– Open Source Solutions that help us capture diagnostic data and usage metrics of PostgreSQL.
– Understanding the data captured by the tools that capture the usage metrics.
– Tools and Custom Solutions that can be installed to enable automatic maintenance on PostgreSQL.
– Being Predictive while using PostgreSQL.