Requirement for High Availability is always growing. Especially for competing with proprietary database systems which offer powerful HA solutions. Information Technology world is expecting Postgres community to achieve 99.999% availability. This is achivable only if we can eleminate single point of failures and maximize redundancy. Thanks to ever growing innovations in OpenSource world, we have excellent solutions emerging like Patroni. which works on the top of etcd which implements groundbreaking Raft algorithm for distributed consensus.
DBAs, System Architects and Senior Leadership who are looking for High Availablity solutions.
1. Summary of Raft algorithm
2. Demonstration of etcd
3. Talk about Patroni and its working
4. Demonstration of patroni setup
5. Details of HAproxy and integration with Patroni
6. Demonstration of High Availabilty application